Titanic's Last Secrets: The Further Adventures of Shadow Divers John Chatterton and Richie Kohler - Bradford Matsen The new theories on why the Titanic sank boil down to 'the ship was built cheaply' therefore 'hubris and greed sank the ship'. This is kind of interesting, but the contemporary bits of the book involving Chatterton and Kohler and their researchers are less interesting than these bits should be. I was more fascinated by the historical section (Part 2) which talks at length about Harland and Wolff's engineering department and how the Titanic was designed and built. There is an incredible history of ship building and engineering hidden in this section, and I really wish more time had been devoted to that. The recreation of the sinking is somewhat detached and feels like a creative non-fiction writing experiment. So, in short, I wanted more history and more evidence exploration but I didn't quite get it, and the brief interviews at the end with the archivist, McCluskie, are not in depth enough. I wanted to learn more about him and his research. Decent book, but it left me with more questions, and a growing curiosity about early-20th century engineering.